The ingredients for this chili can be found right in your refrigerator and pantry. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to prepare. The ingredients and preparation instructions are listed below. Grab your crock pot & we’ll get dinner on!!!
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Slow cook time: 4-6 hours
- 2 lbs. of ground meat (I used venison & bison)
- 1 pint of homemade tomato sauce
- 4 cups of broth (homemade chicken or beef broth works here)
- diced veggies; I used three stalks of celery, two 7” carrots, one medium sized onion, two cloves of garlic, and one leaf of basil.
- 1 tbs. cocao powder (yes cocao powder, just trust me on this one) Brand: Dagaba Cocao powder
- 1/4 c. organic chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper (exclude if you want a milder chili)
Pour the homemade broth into a crock pot.
In a cast iron skillet, cook one pound of meat at a time and add to the broth.
Wash the vegetables. Place the vegetables into a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped. Add the vegetables and the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot and stir well.
Turn on high and let it cook for 4-6 hours. (Note: if your crock pot cooks hot on high, please lower the temperature to low.)