Chicken & Quinoa Soup
You are invited to sit down to a warm bowl of nourishing Chicken and Quinoa Soup. It’s pleasant aroma draws you to the table at the same time providing nutrients for your body and leaving you feeling full!
This soup can be prepared an hour before eating or all the ingredients can be simmering in a crock pot for the duration of the day. (My preferred method of cooking is the crock pot, as it fits our busy schedule.)
I just love the ingredients in this soup!!!! The homemade chicken broth nourishes your body, provides essential amino acids for your body, and reduces inflammation in your joints and gut. The combination of celery, onion, carrots, kale, and garlic gives your body a immune system boost. The ancient seed, quinoa, is often referred to as one of the super foods of our future. Quinoa originates in South America, but has been gaining popularity in America for the last fifteen years.
5 nourishing benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa is a complete protein-rich food. (8 grams of protein in one cup.)
- Quinoa is an excellent source of fiber.
- Quinoa is rich in essential minerals such as magnesium and manganese.
- Quinoa contains 9 amino acids, which are essential to our cells and muscle function.
- Quinoa contains high amounts of quercetin, which is known for reducing inflammation and is a natural anti-histamine.
Chicken and Quinoa Soup
- 1.5 Qts. Organic chicken broth
- 2 Large Organic carrots
- 4 Large Organic celery stalks
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Organic kale stalk
- 2 c. Organic chicken, cooked
- 1/3 c. quinoa, not cooked
- 1 Tsp. Organic turmeric, ground
- 4-5 Medium Organic garlic cloves, crushed
- Real Salt & Ground Peper, to taste
In a large crock pot, add your chicken broth. The vegetables will be prepared in a food processor. Cut your onion in quarters and place in food processor. Wash and prepare the celery, carrots and kale. Place them in a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. Once your vegetables are chopped, place in the crock pot.
Next you will add your cooked chicken and the uncooked quinoa seeds
Lastly add your seasonings and crushed garlic.
Allow the the soup to simmer for at least 4 hours in a crock pot. If you chose to prepare the soup in a pot over the cook top, allow the soup to simmer on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- My homemade chicken broth recipe can be found here.
- Adults and children that have texture issues, can enjoy this soup, due to the vegetable being finely chopped.
- The easiest way to use the leftover chicken from a roast is to add it to a soup.
Serve warm with delicious grain-free Artisan Rolls.
The Artisan Roll recipe can be found on The Pioneer Chicks website, click here for the recipe.
When sitting down to work on your weekly menu plan, add this soup to your week! The nutrients it provides your body is essential in gaining and maintaining excellent health. It is amazing that this soup has won over many people (young and older) who did not consider themselves “soup lovers”. The satisfaction you gain from serving a nourishing soup and leaving the table feeling comfortably full is worth all the time and efforts of your preparation.
I enjoy hearing from you! Did you win over any new soup converts? Anyone have a family member who was pleasantly surprised by the energy they gained from this meal?
I welcome your comments below.