Pizza is for dinner tonight! Crock Pot Grain Free pizza is easy to prepare. It is a convenient dinner for busy people and families. I love that is it grain free and ready to eat whenever you sit down for dinner. Another perk; it will make your house smell absolutely delicious!!!!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pizza is not a junk food in our house. We have such enjoyment gathering ingredients to make this traditional carry out food healthy. It is also high in protein, so it satisfies your hunger and gives you energy. Why eat Grain Free Pizza?
Let’s have some fun and take a look at the nutrition in some of the ingredients.
- Basil: great source of Vitamin K, manganese, Vitamin C & it’s known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects.
- Olives: high in copper & iron. Contains a phytonutrient called hydroxytyrsal, it is linked to cancer prevention & preventing bone loss.
- Mini-Bella mushrooms: rich source of essential vitamins and minerals such as selenium, niacin, and copper.
- Venison, ground: more protein then ground beef, great source of iron, niacin, and riboflavin.
- Organic Polish Sausage: good source of protein.
- Raw cheese: considered a complete food; contains beneficial enzymes that naturally break down fats, sugar, vitamins, & minerals in milk, to be absorbed by our body, contains 8 essential amino acids and calcium.
- Pizza Sauce: tomatoes are a source of antioxidants.
Where to Find the Ingredients
Our local health food co-op stocks most of the ingredients needed for this recipe. I have found that the name brand Field Day has quality products and is reasonably priced. I can also buy my pizza sauce and olives at www.vitacost.com.
The biggest expense for this meal is the meat. I might suggest looking for a local organic farm that sells their own meat. We buy from Graham’s Organics of Rosebush, Michigan. The few extra miles out of town is worth it. They sell ethically grown and prepared meat at prices lower then the local grocery store.
Printable Crock Pot Grain Free Pizza Recipe
Crock Pot Grain Free Pizza
- 1 lb. Ground venison or ground organic beef
- 1/2 lb. Organic polish sausage
- 3/4 c. Organic pizza sauce
- 2-3 c. Organic raw cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- olives topping
- mushrooms topping
- organic pepperoni topping
- fresh garlic, minced topping
- fresh basil, chopped topping
- onion slices topping
As you begin to prepare and gather your ingredients, turn on your crock pot to a medium to low setting.
Place a tablespoon of coconut oil in a cast iron skillet. Once it is melted begin to cook up your ground burger. While my burger is cooking, I begin to wash and slice my mushrooms. Place cooked ground burger in the bottom of the crock pot.
I slice my polish sausage into narrow circles and place evenly over the burger.
Next, add the pizza sauce, approximately 3/4 c. is enough to cover the meat.
Grate the raw cheese over the sauce.
Next, add all the toppings you would enjoy!
Once finished, I top it off with another layer of grated cheese.
Let it cook for 3-5 hours on low.
Add Healthy Toppings
- Organic pepperoni ( We like Applegate Farms brand)
- Organic olives (We like Field Day Organics)
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Organic mini-bella mushrooms
- Fresh organic basil
Slow Cook for 3-5 hours!
Where to buy tools for making this meal? Check out www.amazon.com for The Lodge cast iron skillet and Crock Pot brand slow cookers.
Customize Your Pizza
Pizza is just fun! Crock pot pizza is no different. Everyone in the family has different preferences on what toppings they like best. When adding your toppings, you might make one side mushrooms and olives and the middle has the works with crushed garlic, and the remaining half will just have pepperoni.
My family likes to enjoy our crock pot grain free pizza with small side salads, zucchini chips, or zucchini fries.
I enjoy hearing what toppings you like best!