Oh the fun of filling stockings or socks on Christmas eve!! Let’s remove all stress out of this Christmas tradition and bring joy to the giver and receiver. I have come up with 50 Practical Stocking Stuffer Ideas that are useful, exciting and even tasty!
Some of the links provided in this post may be affiliate links. Please see the disclosure statement.
Why focus on practical items??
I must give credit to my mom who would fill my stocking with toothbrushes, nice pens, deodorant, magazines, and lifesavers. (Didn’t everyone in the 1970’s & 1980’s get lifesavers?) I loved it just the same! The thought of less waste, less plastic, and less items that could be broken or collect dust was wonderful!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for the whole family!
1. Magazines. Chose a magazine for the gardener, farmer, hunter, pet lover, cook, or homesteader in your life!
2. Lip care.
3. HotHands Warmers Variety Pack. Great for the cold winter months!
4. Chocolate. Dairy free, Paleo, Gluten free chocolate. Buy directly from www.thrivemarket.com
5. Natural USB Himalayan Salt Lamp Crystal Salt Rock Mini Hand Carved Lamp with Multi-Color LED Changing Bulb. These are cute and useful!
6. Fashion scarf or new neck tie.
7. Baseball cap or winter hat.
9. Stress Away Essential oil roll-on. Buy directly from Young Living as a member or retail customer.
10. Tea. My family enjoys the Celestial Seasoning Holiday Tea collection. Inside the box is a small tin perfect for fitting tea in a stocking. Shop at your local grocery store or health food store.
“Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” Washington Irving
11. Re-chargeable batteries.
13. Dish towels are pretty hanging from a stocking and every kitchen needs one (or two).
Cotton Jacquard Dish Towels, 20×28″ Set of 3, Decorative Tea Towels for Everyday Kitchen Cooking and Baking-Walk In The Woods
15. Small sewing kit for the traveler in your family.
17. Utility tool. Shop at your local home improvement stores.
18. Sencha Naturals Green Tea Mints, Pink Dragonfruit, 1.2-Ounce Canister. Sencha mints are made from Matcha green tea.
19. Chewing gum.
20. Small books, journals, devotionals.
“Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” Alexander Smith
22. Zum Bar Goat’s Milk Soap Zum Bundle — 9 oz Zum has many fabulous scents to chose from, however my favorite is Frankincense and Myrrh.
23. Night Light.
24. Decorative tape.
26. Cloth napkins.
27. Day lotion. Purchase botanical day lotion for all skin types here.
28. Homemade spice blends. Fantastic recipes can be found here.
29. Cookie scoop.
“Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” Charles M Schulz
31. Screen wipes for tablets and phones. I have seen these in individual packets at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
32. Food. Special healthy treats can be found at a discount price here.
33. Bee’s Wrap 3 Piece Sustainable Reusable Food Storage Assorted I have these in 3 different sizes, and they are a wonderful replacement for plastic wrap and last several years.
34. New USB & charger cords for tablet or phone.
36. Ear Buds.
37. Christmas Spirit essential oils. Shop at Young Living as a member or retail customer here.
38. Strawberry huller. Get one for each person in your family.
39. Postage Stamps. Buy online here.
“Only by Giving are you able to receive more than you already have.’ Jim Rohn
41. Unique supplies for your chickens. Leg identification bans & first aid supplies.
43. Catnip toy for your cat.
44. Miniature picture frames.
46. Sewing supplies. Fabric fat quarters, thread, small scissors. Shop at your local Jo-Ann Fabrics or Hobby Lobby stores.
47. Gift cards. iTunes, fabric stores, farm stores, or home improvement stores.
48. Citrus. Growing up our stockings always had an orange or clementine in the toe. Shop at your local grocery store or health food store.
49. Gloves. Driving gloves, garden gloves, work gloves or warm winter gloves.
50. Shopping list pads. Set of 2- Kitchen Design List Pad, Notepad, Shopping List with Attachable Magnet
“T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” Clement Clarke Moore
The delight it brings my daughters in seeing and opening their stockings on Christmas morning is priceless! They are like a large gift full of goodies. Even a piece of fruit becomes exciting when taken out of a large sock.
I hope you enjoyed 50 Practical Stocking Stuffer Ideas! Did you find any new ideas? Please share!
Do you need assistance with gift ideas for your family and friends? Check out Healthy Living Holiday Gift Guide for unique gifts.
Have a blessed Christmas!
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6-7